Rain Or Disaster

I was back to Baroda by 18th. Monsoon have arrived here before I came from home. And there were no rains before at my place. I have always find it beautiful but yet not enjoyed in this monsoon. I wished there would be rains apart from the college times but was not acquainted of the disaster coming in it's form!

It was 31st of August. We were all at college very happy and satisfied with those heavy drops of water making noise! It was a complete euphoria to have a Maggie with video call at home in that surrounding atmosphere!  It was soon time to leave from college. The rain rained in its utmost powers. The journey was no less than any hill station. The green in its most beautiful shade have covered the trees, water have covered the entire space of road side areas and sky was completely matching the colour patterns of Earth! We - The people inside were full of joy taking photos, videos..  and had giggles the way we had at the times of college fest returning back late.

This enjoyment was turning to nervousness bit by bit, minute by minute. The slum areas on both sides of road were almost half drowned. Animals were shivering due to cold. People were not able to drive their vehicles. Of course, it resulted to a traffic jam. Alas! we were at the same place for 45 minutes having no clue of time to reach back home. Students have got out of the bus and started helping in giving directions and honestly, I have never seen them such responsible in worse situations.

Then we start moving ahead. But the bus was not passing through each stop it should be! We all were scattered from some specific spot and my hostel was still far away! It was a rain of disaster, but for coming few minutes - it was going to be an adventure, OK I agree, the worst one! 

The water covered my knees and was above it. It was a mind set of thrilling adventure(Maybe, I am not sounding normal but it feels like a flood survivor😂) as well as worst casualties. The scene which were only seen on TV were live telecasting in front of me. One side of the road was completely filled with water in the level of  high mark made for pedestrians. We were walking there and an arrival of JCB made me feel like high waves at some beach! Some boys were having fun in that water with tyre floating, I mean - why! Now it was my time to be captured in other's phone. People were serving food packets and water to the needy ones. There were number of useless footwear and different kind of dust on road side. The vehicles were moving a bit in much time. People have left their vehicles on road, it was more like parking area and traffic went on increasing. Some were enjoying whereas some were in panic fighting the battle to reach home.

Finally, I reached at my place. There was no dinner that night in hostel and no electricity in bonus. My roommate had not came back that night and they were back to college safe. It was raining the same whole night - the roads outside have become more dangerous and crocodile added to the horror part of story. The electricity was back after more than 24 hours. People were surviving through different damages but what was important - LIFE! 

It took time to be back to the normal lifestyle for whole Baroda. But we will soon be completely fine!

Love You Zindagi

- Tanvi Shah






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

5G vs. 4G: A Comprehensive Comparison and What It Means for Our Future

Taste Of Vadodara